Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Sick feeling of fear

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Sick feeling of fear

    Ever get it? But have no idea where it's coming from or understand why it's happening.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sick feeling of fear

    Only when I get home late and the wife still has the lights on!

    On a serious note, sounds a little like a panic attack to me. I've had 2 of these several years ago, and don't know where they came from nor why they dissipated. But they are themselves very scary. I currently have 2 friends who suffer from this, and both are on medication for it. Personally, I suspect it is stress related...but that's merely my opinion.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sick feeling of fear

    Si senor.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sick feeling of fear

    Only when a big situation comes up such as having to take a step like going somewhere new, doing something I'm not accustomed to doing, etc. but that's probably more nervousness than anything else although the nervousness can definitely make you sick if it gets to you enough!
    Officially retired

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sick feeling of fear

    ...and that sounds like social anxiety.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sick feeling of fear

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and that sounds like social anxiety. </div></div>
    thanks doc
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sick feeling of fear

    Wildcat: Is it a feeling of nervousness (like before making a speech for example), or is it simply feeling sick to your stomach without even being nervous in the first place?

    The reason I'm wondering if it's nervousness is because you mention "fear," which is essentially a part of nervousness (because when you are nervous you're basically afraid/cautious/etc.).

    How long did this feeling last? Just for a few minutes? Hours? An entire day?

    And I also see that you say you don't know why it's happening, meaning that it has happened more than once correct? When/how often does it happen?
    Officially retired

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sick feeling of fear

    No I really don't think it is nerves.It is like I know something bad is going to happen when I get these feeling.It last like 30 min.It doesn't happen on a weekly basis.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sick feeling of fear

    Dude...I've personally had to deal with each at certain points in my life...once you experience it you know what folks are talkin about when they describe it. If you have never experienced it you don't know what it is when it happens to you...and it is hard to understand what it is like if you've never felt it. Best way to get over it is to just not give a [censored] and ignore it...seems impossible at first, but it works. But, if it helps, stress is the major cause of it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Sick feeling of fear

    Hopefully it's not a premonition type of thing . It's sorta like when the hair on the back of your neck stands up , your body , subconscious or something is picking up on something our other senses cannot . Be careful when your spidey senses start tingling .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •